For more information on care and maintenance for frameless glass hardware, please visit the following link: Frameless Glass Hardware - Care and Maintenance
Glass Care Installation Notes
- Check glass surface orientation before glazing.
- Use only recommended sealants.
- If splashes of mortar or plaster occur, immediately wash down with clean water or mild detergent. Do not allow splashes to harden. Do not use solvents.
- Clean glass carefully: use non-abrasive cleaners, mild detergents or propriety glass cleaners.
- Do not use scrapers on glass.
- Home owners should obtain a copy of Care and Maintenance Instructions from their window supplier.
- The regular washing and drying of glass and window frames is required to ensure long term durability. In urban areas washing should be every 3 to 6 months.
- When washing, soak the glass surface with warm water and mild soap detergent solution to loosen dirt and debris or proprietary glass cleaners. Start cleaning at the top of the building and continue to lower levels.
- After washing, rinse with clean water and then dry the glass using a clean grit-free squeegee, cloth or paper towel and remember, 'Wet glass is dirty glass.'
- All water and cleaning solution residue should be dried from the window gaskets, sealants and frames to prevent water spots.
- Avoid cleaning tinted and reflective glass surfaces in direct sunlight.
Washing Special Glasses
- When washing double glazing and laminated glass use the same procedures as above but ensure no solvents come into contact with the edge laminate interlayer or unit sealant.
- It is advisable to check the frame drainage to ensure no water is trapped in the rebate as this can affect the life of these products.
- With reflective or Low E coated surfaces exercise special care when cleaning and follow the manufacturer's instructions.
Ezy Clean Coated Glass
Once a week or as needed for build-up, wipe down the glass with a microfibre cloth dampened with white vinegar and a drop of non-abrasive liquid soap (hand, body, or dish). Safe, commonly used brands include Fairy or Morning Fresh. Rinse and dry.
Tip: For best results, wipe down the glass after each use with a good-quality squeegee. This will reduce mineral spotting, keeping the glass cleaner between cleans. To follow is a list that have been tested for compatibility with the Ezy Clean Coating:
- SprayWay (or other alcohol-based foaming cleaners)
- Scrubbing Bubbles (or other automatic leave-to-dry daily shower cleaners)
- 7th Generation, Dawn (or other mild eco-friendly cleaners)
- CLR (Calcium Lime Rust)
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (when damp)
- Windex (Standard)
It should be noted that with any cleaner, a thorough rinse with clean water should follow immediately.