Strut Post System SP160B System
Metroview Mini-Post System
The Strut Post system is an adjustable clamping system, designed for 12-17.52mm toughened glass (base fix) without holes. Manufactured from 2205 Duplex Grade Stainless Steel, Strut Posts are a popular choice for their modern, minimalist finish. Strut Posts have crafted covers that hide the engineered stainless steel fixings.
- Fully adjustable during installation: A multi-directional aligning adjustment option is available for easier glass alignment and faster installations.
- Engineered: Solid 2205 Duplex Marine Grade stainless steel.
SAFELITE® STF (Sentry®) glass layer types and nominal glass thickness orientation
Inner Layer of Glass
(Nominal mm) and Type
Outer Layer Glass Thickness
An interlinking rail is not required when specifying SAFELITE® STF (Sentry®) interlayer. (minimum panel widths apply).
*Note: Inner layer refers to the balcony side.
- Available for base fixed (top) mounted applications for 12- 17.52mm glass.
- Manufactured from 2205 Duplex Stainless Steel to withstand coastal conditions.
- Cover plates conceal the fixings and provide a smart finish.
- No holes required in the glass.
- Made from 2205 Duplex grade stainless steel.
- Available in machined, satin, or polished finish.
- Powdercoated upon request. Note: Powder coating is available in a wide range of colours with commercially available surface integrity warranties from 10 to 30 years.
- All fixings must be Stainless Steel.
- Suitable for occupancy types A, A Other, B, E, and C3. (Subject to glass & fixing type)
- Occupancy Types as per AS/NZ 1170.1.2002.
- Exceeds the wind loading for all Wind Zones up to and including Very High Wind Zone as set out in NZS 3604:2011.
- Max design Wind pressure subject to glass type and fixing method.
The system is glazed with Metro Performance Glass, as follows:
- TEMPAFLOAT® 12mm & 15mm nominal thickness, monolithic toughened safety glass, with an interlinking rail.
- SAFELITE® EVA 15.2mm & 17.2mm nominal thickness, toughened laminated safety glass, with either an interlinking rail or stiffener brackets.
- SAFELITE® STF (Sentry®) 17.52mm nominal thickness, toughened laminated safety glass with sentry interlayer. No rail or bracket required subject to minimum width met.
- All monolithic toughened frameless glass balustrades must have an Interlinking Rail to conform to NZS 4223.3.2016, including the latest amendment of NZBC B1.
- Complies with AS/NZS 1170:2002, NZS 4223.3.2016, NZ Building Code B1, F2, F4, and F9.
Scope of Use
- The SP160B and SP300S Strut Post is ideal for those seeking a more industrial looking Frameless Glass Balustrade aesthetic.
- The strut posts assist with water draining and cleaning, making it an ideal choice for Pool Fence applications
- The system is ideal for external balconies and stairs - as well as for internal stairs and landings. It can be fixed directly to either timber, steel or concrete surfaces.
- An interlinking top rail finishes off the system, producing a low profile modern look.
- Metro Technical email email@example.com