Farmer's Corner Restroom Pavilion
The complex is spacious and situated in a tranquil atmosphere with a scenic ambiance to the farmland and Southern Alps. It was essential to the project to provide both light and visibility of the outside surrounding while maintaining the visitor's privacy. The combination of Oamaru stone, timber, and glass creates a connection between the building and the elements, integrating the building with the astonishing landscape.
Metro Glass helped design, engineer, project-manage, and install glass for this spectacular building. The Pavilion was constructed of an engineered timber structure to support a faceted glass roof with an overall roof size of 256 m2. The Glass roof was made up of 96 unique panes with the fascia having another 26 panes. There are 288 Spider fittings requiring 672 holes making this project extremely difficult and precise.
- 2020 Te Kāhui Whaihanga New Zealand Institute of Architects Winner
- 2020 Canterbury Architecture Awards – Commercial Architecture Winner
- 2020 NZ Timber Awards – Highly Commended
- 2019 NZ Commercial Projects Awards – Gold Award
- 2019 NZ Commercial Projects Awards – Value Award
- Visibility: Transparent facade glazing and canopy allowing visitors to see out of the building
- Aesthetics: Pattern digitally printed on the glass located over the basins
- Safety: Toughened 10mm safety glass
Toughened safety glass and digitally printed toughened safety glass.