Semi-Frameless Aluminium Posts AP65/AP78
(Base and Side Fix)
The semi-frameless balustrade system is a dependable, low maintenance, aluminium and glass barrier system, which is sought-after for decks, wind breaks and pool fencing. The semi-frameless system can incorporate either toughened glass in a range of styles including fully framed or semi-frameless glass balustrade finishes. Further options include the addition of an intermediate rail for a split rail finish. Metro’s Semi Frameless balustrade has been designed to fit most building scenarios including installation on modern floating or waterproof decks.
- Engineered: Modern designs for waterproof or floating decks are accommodated with a specially designed gutter bracket for post balustrades.
- Custom coloured: with an extensive choice of powder coat finishes available. The architectural grade aluminium can be tailored to requirements.
- Concealed face fixings.
- Custom made to suit most applications.
- Five standard rail options.
- Suitable for installation on waterproof or floating decks (with Gutter Bracket).
- Available in standard silver frost finish. Special colours on request.
- Powder coated upon request. Note: Powder coating is available in a wide range of colours with commercially available surface integrity warranties from 10 to 30 years.
- Important instructions - Attachment to structures; - An EPDM or similar material spacer must be used to separate all aluminium items from all timber, concrete and steel structures. Failure to do so can lead to the chemicals in the structure affecting the surface finish on the aluminium.
- All fixings must be Stainless Steel.
- AP65 is suitable for occupancy types A, A Other only. Not suitable for non Domestic and Commercial applications.
- AP78 is suitable for occupancy types A, B, E, C, C1, C2, C3 and D (not C5).
- AP65 exceeds the wind loading for all Wind Zones up to and including Extra High Wind Zone as set out in NZS 3604:2011. Subject to post spacing and fixing method.
- AP78 exceeds the wind loading for all Wind Zones up to and including Extra High Wind Zone as set out in NZS 3604:2011. Subject to post spacing and fixing method.
The system is glazed with Metro Performance Glass, as follows:
AP65 Aluminium Post
- TEMPAFLOAT® 10mm nominal thickness, monolithic toughened safety glass (TSG) with interlinking rail.
- SAFELITE® EVA 13.2mm nominal thickness toughened laminated safety glass (TLSG). Interlinking rail not required.
AP78 Aluminium Post
- TEMPAFLOAT® 12-15mm nominal thickness, monolithic toughened safety glass (TSG) with interlinking rail.
- All monolithic toughened frameless glass balustrades must have an Interlinking Rail to conform to NZS 4223.3.2016, including the latest amendment of NZBC B1.
- Semi-Frameless glass balustrades include a handrail which are either top or front-mounted. The top rail is fashioned from one of five styles of handrails - round, rectangular, slimline interlinking rail, aerofoil or double aerofoil, all finished in a powder coat colour matching the posts.
- Front mounted interlinking rails are fitted to a bracket, which fixes to the balustrade post face, 100mm below the top edge.
- Complies with AS/NZS 1170:2002, NZS 4223.3.2016, NZ Building Code B1, F2, F4 and F9.
Scope of Use
- Suitable for Decks, Stairways, Balconies, Pool Surrounds, Boundary Fences, Pool Gates, Stairway Gates. It is a cost effective way to enhance a deck, pool or stairway.
Design tables and CAD Drawings for specific substrate fixings for this balustrade system are currently in development, and will be added once complete.
- Metro Technical email email@example.com