Below is a definition of each of the producer statement types, who is responsible and when in the process the producer statement is to be issued.
|PS1 Design||Metro Glass||Project design (when design not covered by NZS 4223 standard as a path of compliance to the Building Code)||Council accept design to issue a Building Consent.|
|PS2 Design Review||Independent Professional||Post design, but prior to installation.||Independent review of whole project PS1’s, whether in part or collectively.|
|PS3 Construction||Metro Glass||After installation.||Certificate of construction, prepared and signed by the installer, confirming that the glazing system as a whole (glass, hardware, fixing mechanism’s, substrate etc.) is as per the PS1 consented design / Building Code.|
|PS4 Construction Review||Independent Professional||After installation.||Construction review by an independent design professional with reference to PS3’s issued on the project.|
- A PS1 is a design statement, that is issued at the design stage of the project. Metro will not issue retrospective PS1’s.
- Generic PS1 – tested design, validated independently, standard offering. Generic PS1 for Balustrades and Pool Fences available here.
- Specific PS1 – When the design is not covered by Generic PS1, available here. Could incurr engineering costs.
Where there is an acceptable solution cited in the Building Code, a PS1 is not required. If required Metro will provide a design statement to confirm glazing to the relevant acceptable solution, e.g. NZS 4223.3:2016. 4223:3:2016 resources avaiable here
A PS3 can be issued to confirm glazing complies with the Building Code. Metro does not have to issue a PS1 or design statement for a PS3 to be issued. However, when a PS1 or other design documentation has been issued, the installation and hence the PS3 must be in accordance with the issued PS1 or other design documentation. Non-consented building works do not require a PS3, e.g. Retrofit’s, replacement glazing.
A Specific Design PS1 can only be issued by a Metro Technical department engineer.
Metro Performance Glass provides the information in this document on the basis that:
1. The information in this bulletin provided is not advice, guidance or recommendations. The reader or user must make their own, independent enquiry before acting on any information provided;
2. The information provided is not advice but is of a general nature only and cannot and does not substitute for obtaining independent specific or complete advice;
3. That the user of the website/bulletin in reading the material is acknowledging that they are accepting that Metro Performance Glass has;
a) No liability at law in any manner whatsoever for the information as provided;
b) That there is no express or implied warranty of any kind as to performance warranties or merchantable warranties or fitness for purpose or any other warranty implied, expressed or otherwise at law; and
c) That the website user of the information provided must undertake their own due diligence and independent enquiry and advice.
4. All users are deemed to acknowledge that there shall be no transfer of any liability and/or responsibility to Metro Performance Glass whether in part or in full as a result of any consequences from the use of the information whether or not Metro Performance Glass IS made aware of such intentions.