What is SunX™ Grey - Low E Double Glazing?
SunX™ Grey is the latest in solar control technology, that helps eliminates the discomfort of overheated interiors.
Combining three key advantages into a double glazed unit:
- Uses solar control technology which helps reduce heat build-up during summer, plus protects from glare and sun damage.
- Provides excellent thermal insulation in winter using Low-E technology.
- Incorporates the latest in colour trends, with a subtle grey tint that enhances the overall aesthetic of any home or building.
This new technology also means that specialist glass can be added into the double glazing, such as obscure glass, frosted bathroom glass or sound control glass without the expense of triple glazing.
What is solar control?
SunX™ Grey has a special solar control coating which prevents excess heat from building up inside during summer months. It’s ideal for windows and facades exposed to a lot of sunshine. In colder months it retains warmth, while still letting in natural light, making it the perfect choice for all seasons, plus helping to reduce your heating and cooling costs.
Benefits of SunX™ Grey Low E
- Solar control – new technology filters direct heat from the sun, meaning a cooler home in summer and lower cooling costs.
- Thermal insulation – SunX™ Grey retains 50% more warmth than standard double glazing, providing a warmer home in winter.
- Versatile – easy to combine with laminates for sound control, safety or obscure/frosted glass for bathrooms or privacy.
- Reduces glare – while protecting furnishings from fading and letting in natural light.
- Consistent colour – because the grey tint is part of the Low E coating it provides a consistent colour even when used across different glass thicknesses, meaning your home will look great from all angles. Unlike other tinted glass, which get darker as the glass gets thicker.
- Stylish design – grey tones are the latest trend in window colour. SunX™ Grey has a subtle, neutral tint to enhance the aesthetic of any home
Is SunX™ Grey suitable for my home?
If you check two or more of the factors below, SunX™ Grey could be right for you:
☐ There is high window to wall ratio
☐ A stylish aesthetic is required
☐ Located in high solar gain regions
☐ Windows are north or west facing
☐ Glare may be an issue and limited shade is available
☐ Rising energy costs are a consideration
☐ Ventilation is not optimal
☐ Interior overheating is a risk