Ordering Guide for CIP Laminated Glass
|State||Glass thickness and type, and interlayer thickness for make-up.|
|State||Resin type - Safety, Acoustic or UV.
(All are Grade A safety glass.)
|Identify||Coated surface location in laminate. For ease of understanding the following is the correct way to identify the surface position for coated or Low E surfaces of glass.|
|Identify||Edges that are to be processed and any notch or hole positions if required.|
|Understand||Clear edge tape is standard and a clear edge occurs in opal or other colours.|
|Understand||Edge removal is not available unless undertaken
by the customer at own risk. Laminate must be ordered oversize if this
is to occur.
|Provide||Templates on stiff material with customer’s name, order number, quantity and any edgework or holes clearly marked. An irregular shape surcharge will apply. Glass or paper templates will not be accepted and templates must be the finished size with no ‘add ons’ or reductions.|
|Marking||All laminated glass is supplied with standards compliance permanent etched stamp unless otherwise specified for special applications, such as acoustic use only.|
CIP laminate information and restrictions
- Safety, Acoustic and UV resin laminates are all Grade A safety glass.
- 1.0mm interlayer is used for thin annealed glass laminates up to 3m² in area.
- 1.5mm interlayer is used for all laminates over 3m² and all Anti Bandit.
- Acoustic or UV laminates are not Anti Bandit.
- 1.5mm interlayer is used for all thick float laminates over 8mm, toughened & heat strengthened glass and patterned glass.
- 7mm is the minimum laminate thickness (3mm/1.0/3mm).
- 8.5mm is the minimum patterned laminate
thickness (4mm obscure/1.5/3mm float).
- Anti Bandit rated glass uses 1.5mm safety interlayer (minimum thickness 7.5mm).
- Interlayer thickness of 1.8mm is used for some BR glass, patterns and special applications.
- 6mm clear edge tape is standard.
- Holes are only available on request.
- Irregular shapes may incur shape charges.
4.4 Low E And Solar E
Laminated reflective Low E and Solar E coated glass
types are covered in Section 2.8, with the most common being Energy Advantage, Optilight
Sunergy is an energy efficient laminated safety glass with low reflectivity and high light transmission for use in residential and commercial applications. It is available in Clear, Green and Azur (Blue).
Refer Section 2.8 for Sunergy performance data and availability.
ComfortPlus is a laminated safety glass with improved solar control and insulation features.
ComfortPlus will keep your home cooler in summer while reducing sun glare and the subsequent
ultraviolet fading of interior furnishings. In summer it can also reduce airconditioning
or cooling costs. ComfortPlus will keep you warmer in winter as the low E coating on surface
4 is an efficient thermal insulator as it retains over one third more heat than standard
glass. This can reduce heating costs. In addition it is a Grade A safety glass and provides
the improved sound insulation offered by laminate glass.